The family-owned Southern Trail Distillery, based in Mechanicsville, specializes in moonshine derived from old family recipes. This seasonal cocktail pairs well with sweet Thanksgiving desserts–or serve as an aperitif while the turkey browns.
Caramel Apple Martini
- Martini glass drizzled with caramel
- 1 ounce Southern Trail salted caramel shine
- 2 ounces Southern Trail apple shine
- Shake with ice and strain into martini glass; garnish with apple and a dash of cinnamon.
- To chill the buzz, add a splash of apple cider.
Brooke Brown (@BashesByBrookeBrown) is one half (with Dan Marlowe, @FractionsofZero) of The Maryland Cocktail Menu, which promotes spirits and non-alcoholic mixers made in the Free State. Cocktails, and recipes can be viewed at marylandspirits.org.